exams are finally over! Whee! Recap:
Mon - MA
Tues - AS
Wed - Econs, which was super hard
Thurs - Biz Law
during the biz law exam today, i kept looking at the digital clock in sch, secretly happy that I was nearing the time of freedom. haha. when teh invilgilator collected the papers, everyone was punching fists into the air and teh atmosphere was generally light and relaxed and relieved and ecstatic and what-not.
After the paper, met up with a whole bunch of ppl who had turned up for HH's organised post-exam celebratory lunch at Brewerkz. Glad that the turn out was good. me and siu had our long-awaited (for 7 weeks) angel hair pasta, as well as kc's fav sausages. some how thefood din taste as good this time.
realised that i don't like crowds. too many ppl and i don't like it. i think cos i will feel like an insignificant one person in a crowd. which was when me and kc went for a walk outside. thankfully the rain had cleared and we walked around teh vicinity. the walk was realy the kind of walk i always wanted but never got to enjoy. jus walk, with no purpose in mind, not rushing to anywhere, and having a good talk with a fren. we talked abt some things, of insignificant consequences. but i was tired. prob overwhelmed by all the things that had come charging throughout the term and now everything was over.
i preferred our first gathering at Breqerwz,7 weeks ago. smaller and got to eat the nice choc ice cream. of cos this time had ryan and gang as well as the marist gang. next time i must eat the chocolate cake!
after Brewerkz, we went to Chinatown to sing KTV. haha enjoyable, listening to them sing ballads, watchign the super long-ago MTV of Aaron Kwok and his hand-signals. I stilll like JAY CHOU the best, though I am starting to like Lee Hom and Tao Zhe. Lee Hom is getting less ABC and his songs are more soothing. or mb i nvr listened carefully in the past and only listened to beloved dear Jay.
after ktv, we had dinner by the road side literally. had frog leg porridge. nice =D throughout the whole dinner, 3 cars had mounted the same kerb and 2 traffic police had come to shoo ppl who had parked tehir cars on the road side to eat frog leg porridge away. all bad Singaporean drivers haha
we wanted to explore Chinatown initially. however, we ended up goign to sq's house to collect car to ensure a viable mode of transport back home after our intended movie. and we were showed the papaya trees outside his house, and the new year flowers taht nvr withered after New Year. Instead, it bloomed and dispersed its seeds to otehr parts of teh garden haha.
and we watched.. "The Producers". Actually we watched it cos that was the only available show at 10pm. However, it was a laughable show. enjoyed it cos it was in musical form and the performances were good. and the costumes were nice. kinda interesting. and plus the fact that this is the second movie of teh year, I guess it appealed to me :) laugh so loud in the theatre haha
then home. home is always the best place to be. my mum wanted to drive me home even tho she was sick. speaking of which, mum has been sick for a few days. my heart pain. her voice sounds so bad over the phone. she rarely takes panadol but she takes one a day to keep teh pain at bay. think she was caught in the daily afternoon showers over the last week. I am probably teh least caring daughter.
And have I told you how much I love my parents? This is probably the first time I am saying this, but I guess I am growing more thick-skinned. I love my parents A LOT A LOT. say i grow in a fairy tale. but my parents are super supportive of what I do. Even tho they may nag at me once in a while, they are not too restrictive.
That day I was studying for Econs and I kept complaining to my dad I did not want to study anymore. I have been complaining abt taht to him since I was preparing for my A Levels. After much complaint taht fateful night, my dad actually asked if I wanted to go overseas to study Medicine. I was kinda shocked at his offer. I thought I had put that potion behind me over the past one year. Yet my dad still remembered it. I asked him why he asked. He said taht was my interest. Looking back, that indeed is still my interest. But in order to fuel my interest would probably means my dad would have to work at his lee-than-desirable job harder and longer. I like my life now. Life is not just about studying, or studying Medicine. I have SBM, SMUBS, piano lessons. even after exams, when i was feeling lost at what to do, now that i don't have to go home to study for the tests on the next day, i know there are more activities at sbm and smubs. and there are my frens. my frens are not jus the few, but more and varied. some whom i have not seen in months. some i m prob not goign to see in months. nonetheless,
time to get engine started!
I need a hug, shall get it from my mum if she can get out of bed to hug me. long time nvr hug her.
Thanks guys, for a great first year. many lessons learnt. frens made. new experiences. second year, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment