Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hola everyone!

Many misses from Barcelona! Today is the second day i am staying in my room. My parents flew back yesterday and they are home already. School starts next tuesday (cos monday is a holiday), so I have one week of nothing to do.

I m renting a room and sharing the apt with 4 other girls - 2 dannish, 1 swedish and 1 taiwanese. I used the washing machine for the first time in my life. and yesterday, I din know what to eat, so I had a banana for lunch and bought a 3.90euros turkey pita for dinner.

barcelona is pretty. low buildings (rarely exceeding 5 storeys) food is ok. my parents think the seafood is smelly - there is a stench and when u smell it, u know someone ordered seafood. they sell suckling pigs and rabbit meat. in the market, u will see them de-skinned and it is quite gross. the weather was really hot when my parents were here. guess my mum brought the sun back. still hot and dry here.

I want mooncakes! and the first thing my dad wanted to eat when he reached Singapore was chicken rice haha food is not readily available here. no hawker centres downstairs. and u know tapas? cos spaniards eat their lunch at 3pm and dinner at 10pm, they need some food in between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. so they eat tapas. and tapas is basically tidbits and can be anything. seafood, pork, mushrooms. and they are quite ex, so not worth it.

as for scenary and pictures, can see below :) i uploaded some. sightseeing was fun. not sitting alone in my room. esp at night, when everyone in sg is soundly asleep.

lola

I hope my parents enjoyed Barcelona. I stayed in my room yesterday, except in the evening, when I wandered out to hunt for dinner. today I wanted to go to IKEA, which is in some ulu place. nothing much to see too. so I decided to go to the Carrefour which my dad frequented and did some grocery shoopping

Bananas
2 packets of salads
1 bread
6 cans of tuna
grapes
cherry tomatoes
= 10euros

hope this lasts my meals for a week or so. budget budget. eat good food when I meet my frens. can eat anything alone.

No comments: