All hail the prince of pop! I love Jay Chou!
Heard his song on Cherie's blog, so decided to post on Jay Chou. Actually, I was not an ardent fan of Jay Chou when he began. Only got attracted in J1 when my classmates were rapping to his songs in chemistry lab sessions. His songs are different. The lyrics weave a story, not just abt love, separation, love, separation. perhaps a more narrative description (paradox here)
Recently felt Steph Sun and Lee Hom are unique too. But there is no compelling reason to be hooked onto them. Somehow. Also finding morelike-mided Jay Chou fans ard me. and of cos, anti-Jay Chou fans. Everyone is entitled to free thoughts :)
Had piano lesson today. The teacher gave me extra 20 minutes, cos we were probably talking for more than twenty minutes abt relationships. I admire her. She thinks like a man. And she is an epitome of the Singapore New Age Impressive Lady (SNAIL)she has the courage to do many things which I thinkI won't do. Yet if I keep death in mind everyday, mb I may just muster the courage to do one thing I never thought I would do in my life. just ONE thing.
went to sch for Econs meeting. Had Business Law. Guess what? I hadto decide the fate of my Biz Law grp whether we will be presenting next week. And my grp really kena next week! I felt bad initially, but my members were really nice. They were all encouraging, saying how being the first to get it over and done with. That brightened up my mood :) so next tues, i have to present for Business Law and next wed, econs.
had samba practice. haven't been for samba for very long. mb let me give a brief intro to my CCA in sch, Samba Masala. It is NOT a dance club. It is a brazillian music club, where we play drums and auxilliary. It is fun, cos it is a different kind of music. like funk, hip hop. kinda like the YBC youths hitting the bins. their rhythm was Batu Cada i think. visit wicked aura's website for a sample.
haven't gone for samba in a while. it was nice getting to play the dhol again. the rhythm. the state when everyone is jusplaying teh drums and you can't hear anything, anyone. and when everyone gets tog to play a piece, the groove, teh rhythm to which everyone sways to. it is an amazing feeling. tho the feeling is still far from the time we rehearsed for SGX's Bull Run. OUr first real performance was at the Padang for SGX. think we almost crashed. but everyone played really well when we saw Jackie Chan upfront!! oh well, taht was last year. a worthy memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment